Are you a curious group looking for a guided tour?
Through four brand new architectural circuits, take a different look at the city as you discover the origins of its neighbourhoods and their specific challenges. Our engaging and motivated volunteer guides are eager to share their passion for heritage with you.
The Plateau and its housing
Now a lively and vibrant neighbourhood, the Plateau has plenty to offer architecture enthusiasts. Cosmopolitan and colourful, it offers an exceptional variety of buildings, from working-class homes to remarkable institutions, not to mention surprising contemporary residential architecture. As participants stroll through two former villages, they will learn about the history and architecture of this popular and emblematic neighbourhood.
DEPARTURE: Saint-Louis Square
ARRIVAL: Corner of Rachel and Henri-Julien streets
This circuit unveils the many charms of Saint-Louis Square, a major work by architect Jacques Rousseau, the Maison Coloniale (1990), and Église Saint-Jean Baptiste, one of Montreal’s most spacious churches (1903).
These two-hour urban walking tours are offered in English and French, rain or shine. Maximum of 20 participants per group.
Made-to-measure urban tours
Any request for a made-to-measure urban tour will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and the cost will be adjusted according to preparation time. Tour requests must be sent at least eight weeks prior to the scheduled date of the activity.
Contact Amélie Renouf, Head, Programs and Activities, at email@example.com or at 514-286-2662, ext. 23.
• Tour requests must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to the scheduled date of the activity.
• Tours are 2 hours and are entirely outdoors.
• Tours take place rain or shine, and are non-refundable.
• Urban tours can be given in English or French.
• Participants must make their own way to the point of departure.
• The maximum group size is 20 people. There is an extra fee for each additional person.
• Urban tours are conditional on the availability of a volunteer guide.
• Any request for a tour other than the 4 permanent urban tours constitutes a request for a made-to-measure tour.
Visite urbaine : 250 $
Visite urbaine avec ajustements* : 300 $
+ 15 $ par personne supplémentaire
Visite urbaine : 500 $
Visite urbaine avec ajustements* : 600 $
+ 25 $ par personne supplémentaire
* Les ajustements autorisés sont : durée de visite plus longue/courte et l’ajout ou le remplacement d’arrêts (maximum de 2).