Are you a curious group looking for a guided tour?
Through four brand new architectural circuits, take a different look at the city as you discover the origins of its neighbourhoods and their specific challenges. Our engaging and motivated volunteer guides are eager to share their passion for heritage with you.
Dorchester Square, in the heart of the city
Come discover the recently restored Dominion Square, a symbol of prestige from the Victorian era, when Montreal became an unstoppable economic force in North America. Both a testament to and crucial element in the creation of a new downtown, the architecture of Dorchester Square and its monuments will lay bare its secrets to you. Take advantage of this visit to admire the major symbols and buildings that were successively built and shaped our city.
DEPARTURE: Dorchester Square
ARRIVAL: Dorchester Square
Stops along this walking tour include various jewels in Montreal’s crown: Windsor Station (1889) by architect Bruce Price, a veritable gateway to the new downtown; the magnificent Sun Life Building (1913–18; 1923–26; 1929–31) by architects Darling & Pearson; and the elegant CIBC Tower (1962) by architect Peter Dickinson.
These two-hour urban walking tours are offered in English and French, rain or shine. Maximum of 20 participants per group.
Made-to-measure urban tours
Any request for a made-to-measure urban tour will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and the cost will be adjusted according to preparation time. Tour requests must be sent at least eight weeks prior to the scheduled date of the activity.
Contact Amélie Renouf, Head, Programs and Activities, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 514-286-2662, ext. 23.
• Tour requests must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to the scheduled date of the activity.
• Tours are 2 hours and are entirely outdoors.
• Tours take place rain or shine, and are non-refundable.
• Urban tours can be given in English or French.
• Participants must make their own way to the point of departure.
• The maximum group size is 20 people. There is an extra fee for each additional person.
• Urban tours are conditional on the availability of a volunteer guide.
• Any request for a tour other than the 4 permanent urban tours constitutes a request for a made-to-measure tour.
Urban tour : $250
Urban tour with adjustments* : $300
+ 15 $ per additional person
Urban tour : $500
Urban tour with adjustments* : $600
+ 25 $ per additional person
*Authorized adjustments: longer/shorter tour and the addition or replacement of stops along the tour (maximum of 2).