Are you a curious group looking for a guided tour?
Through four brand new architectural circuits, take a different look at the city as you discover the origins of its neighbourhoods and their specific challenges. Our engaging and motivated volunteer guides are eager to share their passion for heritage with you.
Latin Quarter, a neighbourhood of knowledge
With its many projects underway or completed, the Latin Quarter is undergoing a metamorphosis that will revitalize the neighbourhood after decades of decline. Step into history as you discover a once opulent faubourg and its large university institutions that have given this neighbourhood a soul. A lively testament to over a century of cultural and student life.
DEPARTURE: Champ-de-Mars metro station
ARRIVAL: Corner De Maisonneuve Boulevard and Saint-Denis Street
The architectural diversity of the neighbourhood will be observed through institutions such as the old École des hautes études commerciales (1908–1911), now the Gilles-Hocquart Building, the former Viger hotel and railway station (1898), an emblematic monument in full transformation, and the Judith-Jasmin Building (1976–1979), known for its integration of the Saint-Jacques Church’s bell tower.
These two-hour urban walking tours are offered in English and French, rain or shine. Maximum of 20 participants per group.
Made-to-measure urban tours
Any request for a made-to-measure urban tour will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and the cost will be adjusted according to preparation time. Tour requests must be sent at least eight weeks prior to the scheduled date of the activity.
Contact Amélie Renouf, Head, Programs and Activities, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 514-286-2662, ext. 23.
• Tour requests must be submitted at least 4 weeks prior to the scheduled date of the activity.
• Tours are 2 hours and are entirely outdoors.
• Tours take place rain or shine, and are non-refundable.
• Urban tours can be given in English or French.
• Participants must make their own way to the point of departure.
• The maximum group size is 20 people. There is an extra fee for each additional person.
• Urban tours are conditional on the availability of a volunteer guide.
• Any request for a tour other than the 4 permanent urban tours constitutes a request for a made-to-measure tour.
Urban tour : $250
Urban tour with adjustments* : $300
+ 15 $ per additional person
Urban tour : $500
Urban tour with adjustments* : $600
+ 25 $ per additional person
*Authorized adjustments: longer/shorter tour and the addition or replacement of stops along the tour (maximum of 2).